Who is on the ballot in the next election? How to register to vote? ...and more
1 The Republican Party caucus is March 5, 2016.
2 The primary election is held on the 1st Tuesday after the 3rd Monday in May.
3 The general election is held on the 1st Tuesday after the 1st Monday in November.
POLLING PLACE Find your polling place and make sure you are registered to vote at ElectionsJeffersonCountyClerk.org or by calling The Election Center in Louisville at (502)574-6100 or call the State Board of Elections for other counties at 502-573-7100.
VOTER RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES & PROVISIONAL BALLOT & OATH OF VOTER AFFIDAVIT or call (502) 573-7100.
ATTORNEY GENERAL ELECTION FRAUD HOTLINE: 1-800-328-8683
ABSENTEE BALLOTS The deadline for receipt of the completed absentee ballot is 7 days before the election. Prisoners may request an application by mail or phone.
THE ELECTION CENTER Elections@JeffersonCountyClerk.org, 502-574-6100
You must register before you can vote in any election. To be eligible to vote in Kentucky 's elections you must:
1. Be a citizen of the United States.
2. Be a resident of the county for at least twenty eight days prior to the election date.
3. Be at least 18 years old by the date of the next general election.
4. One can vote in the primary elections when 17 years old as long as the person is eligible to vote in the general election.
5. Not be a convicted felon, or if you have been convicted of a felony, your civil rights have been restored.
6. Not have been judged "mentally incompetent" in a court of law.
7. Not claim the right to vote anywhere outside Kentucky.
8. Be registered 28 days prior to an election (call 502 574-6100 to check).
9. If you are already registered in Kentucky but have changed your address or legal name, you must reregister.
____________________________________________________________ HOW TO REGISTER
Registering to vote can be accomplished by simply completing a voter registration application in one of the following ways:
1. Apply in person at The Election Center, the driver's license bureau, any military recruitment office, or other designated public assistance agencies.
2. For a postcard application by mail, call The Election Center at(502)574-6100, and return your application to 810 Barrett Ave, Louisville , KY 40204.
3. Apply online at the Where Do I Vote web site Elections.JeffersonCountyClerk.org
NOTE: The voter registration books are closed 28 days before and 7 days after a regular election and 10 days before a special election.