The League of Women Voters of Louisville (LWVL), founded on November 26, 1920, encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government, works to increase understanding of major policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy. Membership in the League is open to women and men of all ages. For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 502-895-5218.
When you join LWVL, you also become a member of national, state and local leagues -- three levels of government and legislative activity.
ANNUAL MEETINGWe are delighted that this year's guest speaker is Renee Shaw, KET Public Affairs Managing Producer & Host.
- At the Olmstead at Masonic Homes, off 2701 Frankfort Avenue
- Business Meeting at 5:00 p.m.
- Dinner at 6:00 p.m.
- Program at 7:00 p.m.
- Presentation of Citizen Award to Jo Ann Orr
- We hope you will join us and bring friends! MUST HAVE A COUNT OF ATTENDEES BY MAY 31!
- Send a check for $50 to LWVL, 115 S. Ewing Ave. 40206 or go to our webpage and click "Donate." Indicate it is for "Annual Meeting"
BROWN BAG BOOK DISCUSSIONBook: Never Caught by Erica Armstrong Dunbar .
May 15, Wednesday, at 1:00 p.m. at Lang House. Discussion Leader: Sallie Rhyne.
Is there a book you've read and want to discuss? Send us an email at LWVLouisville@gmail.com with your suggestion. Must be non-fiction.
We meet every 3rd Wednesday of the month. You do not have to be a member -- just an inquiring mind! When you send your suggestion, let us know if you want to be the discussion leader.
League of Women Voters of Louisville PositionsLeague's position on Education, Local Housing and more: League Positions
Go to Vote411.org for details.