The League of Women Voters of Louisville (LWVL), founded on November 26, 1920, encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government, works to increase understanding of major policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy. Membership in the League is open to women and men of all ages. For more information, email us at email@example.com or phone us at 502-895-5218.
When you join LWVL, you also become a member of national, state and local leagues -- three levels of government and legislative activity.
Kentucky General Election Nov 6, 2018
Voting Basics . . .
- Early Voting: Not available
- Voter Registration Deadline -- Tue Oct 9, 2018
- Request For Absentee Ballot -- Tue Oct 30, 2018
- Absentee Ballot Deadline -- Tue Nov 6, 2018 6:00PM EST
- Are you Registered to Vote? What is your District? Where do you vote? Go to https://vrsws.sos.ky.gov/ovrweb/govoteky
VOTING FOR JUDGES . . .Did YOU know that EVERY voter votes for EVERY judge in the County! Do you know who the Circuit, District, and Family candidates are?
- Circuit Court, 3rd Division: Judge Darryl Scott Lavery and A. "Annie" O'Connell
- Family Court, 4th Division: Lori Goodwin and Judge Lauren Adams Ogden
- Family Court, 10th Division: Emily Maria Digenis and Judge Derwin L. Webb
- District Court, 3rd Division: Tracy Davis and Kristina Garvey
- District Court, 4th Division: Judge L. J. "Todd" Hollenback IV and Julie Kaelin
- District Court, 6th Division: Judge Sean R. Delahanty and Lisa L. Langford
- District Court, 9th Division: Tanisha Ann Hickerson
Dinner & Democracy: Making Democracy Work
Come join us Monday, November 19th, at Lang House. Program: Participate in a Party! Speakers: To Be Announced.
~ Dinner 5:30 p.m. & Program @ 6 p.m.~
~ Public Invited ~
Candidates For Office -- November 6If you did not get a chance to addend the forums, you can hear what the candidates are saying on various topics by going to https://www.vote411.org/ballott. Make sure to enter your address."click here for candidate forums dates and time . . . Candidate Forums . . .
BROWN BAG BOOK DISCUSSIONBook: The Common Good by Robert Reich.
November 14, Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. at Lang House, 115 South Ewing Avenue (40206). Discussion leaders: Joanie McGuire.
Is there a book you've read and want to discuss? Send us an email at LWVLouisville@gmail.com with your suggestion. Must be non-fiction. Come join us! You do not have to be a member -- just an inquiring mind!
League of Women Voters of Louisville PositionsLeague's position on Education, Local Housing and more: League Positions
Go to Vote411.org for details.